Secrets Revealed - How I Lost Weight During Menopause

    If you are fighting with weight gain issues because you are going through menopause, I have good news for you. It is possible to lose weight during menopause. For the past 6 months, I have lost 30 pounds, and I will share with you how I did it and some of my secrets.

   At the onset of menopause, and during that period, women put on weight easier because of hormonal imbalance. 3 specific hormones are the culprits: estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. I will discuss briefly how they contribute to our gaining weight.

   These hormones regulate our appetite, metabolism and how we store fat. A decline in the levels of these hormones makes it very difficult for a woman to avoid weight gain.

   The first hormone levels to decrease are estrogen. Progesterone levels also decrease, and the body retains water and we feel bloated.


   Our ovaries stop, little by little to produce estrogen and we end up not having our periods anymore. It took me a year of a lot of spotting phases until menstruation stopped altogether. Because of that fact, the body has to look for another source of estrogen which are our fat cells. So our body converts more calories into fat in order to find more estrogen. This leads to weight gain particularly belly fat.

  The reason for the belly fat is also because some women become also more insulin resistant. Particularly, if you have a high carbohydrate diet, particularly heavy with processed and refined foods which may make your body resistant to the insulin released in the blood stream.

  I saw my stomach grow and grow until I looked permanently pregnant! But it was not specifically, I found later because I was in menopause, it was because I loved eating Italian bread, pasta and rice. I'm not even Italian!!! As soon as I replaced those foods with more salads and fruits, I lost 30 pounds in 4 months.

  By accident, I found out that a particular health supplement was very useful. I took a high quality Omega 3 Fatty Acid supplement and discovered that it eliminated my craving for food. I had the sensation of being full most of the day.

  The last secret I discovered was by making my salad with at least 8 ingredients (with small pieces of shredded salad, green peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes and regular sliced tomatoes, hard boil eggs sliced, a little shredded yellow cheese and a little bacon bits coated with Italian dressing. This salad is so fresh and delicious that I was eating eat twice a day, 4 days a week. The key is to cut all the ingredients in small pieces and not put too much, rich salad dressing. It made me full and satiated.

  If you want to find more information about Menopause and weight Gain, go to: Menopause Weight. To buy phenomenal weight loss supplements and find out more about body cleansing, click: Body Detox.